Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar is back for 2018 and it continues to wear it’s cult status proudly. This year it’s named The Book of Beauty, and is one of the most affordable beauty advent calendars on the market with over £250 worth of products inside.
*WARNING* This post contains spoilers so look away now if you don’t want to know what’s inside!
Marks and Spencer Advent Calendar Packaging
This year, the Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar is called Book of Beauty* and is shaped like a bookcase. The rectangular packaging opens to reveal a neatly stacked shelf of boxes in varying sizes which looks like a tidy little bookshelf. It’s such a nice touch.
It has 25 boxes each containing one beauty product, so you get a surprise everyday from the 1st of December until the 25th, right up to Christmas Day (personally 25 day calendars are the way to go, none of this 12 days of Christmas nonsense!)
What’s inside the Marks and Spencer Advent Calendar
Inside, the Marks and Spencer Book of Beauty contains:
- Nuxe Luxurious Body Cream
- Diego Dalla Palma Eye Pencil
- Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara
- Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery
- The Hero Project Hyasoft Instant Moisture Boost
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
- This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up Mask, Moisturiser and Primer in One
- Skyn Iceland Berry Lip Fix with Wintered Red Algae
- Phillip Kingsley Pomegranate & Cassis Elasticizer
- Leighton Denny High Performance Nail Colour
- Living Proof 5-1in-1 Styling Treatment
- Studio 10 Lip Perfecting Balm Gloss
- Pur Afterglow Skin-Perfecting Powder Highlighter
- Filorga Time-Filler Eyes
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
- L’Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream Advanced Anti-Aging Skincare
- L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel
- Autograph Blusher Brush
- M&S Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream
- Prai Ageless Throat & Décolletage Crème
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
- Pixi Rose Tonic
- Autograph Luminosity Luxe Multi Bronzer
- Ren V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream
- Shay & Blue Black Tulip Natura Spray Fragrance
A huge selection of products as you can see, a varied and fab selection of 25 different products, one for each day in December leading up to Christmas. Each product is inside a box which makes it like opening a present every single day! Each product is very reasonably sized and a big enough sample for you to be able to try out product and really get a good feel for whether you like them or not.
My picks from The Book of Beauty 2018
The stars of the show for me are:
- Pixi Rose Tonic – such an amazing size and a newer twist on the original cult Glow Tonic and one I can’t wait to try.
- Shay & Blue Black Tulip Natura Spray Fragrance – Shay & Blue is a gorgeous perfume brand and the fragrance’s are always amazing quality and last so well on the skin. Black Tulip suits the time of the year as for me it’s a very wintery fragrance.
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray – a definite staple for everyone’s nighttime routine, this gem is such a relaxing way to drift off and it really helps calm the senses before bed. A very generous sized one as well!
- M&S Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream – the most luxurious night cream I’ve ever tried, it feels velvetty soft on the skin. You will fall in love with it after using this sample, trust me!
- Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara – I’m so excited to try this as I’ve not had a chance before
- This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up Mask, Moisturiser and Primer in One – I’m currently using another tube of this I had and I’m very impressed with how well my makeup lasts after using this so I’m pleased to have another one lined up ready.
Ok I think that’s it for now otherwise I could go on forever. Obviously I won’t tell you what you get on what days (mostly because when photographing this I put the majority of these back in a random order) as I wouldn’t want to completely spoil it!
Buy the Marks and Spencer Book of Beauty Advent Calendar
It costs £35 to buy the Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar* The Book of Beauty when you spend £35 on other items in Marks and Spencer. This technically makes the calendar £70, but it means you also get other products for this money which makes it the best value advent calendar on the market. You can pay between £50-100 for other beauty advent calendars similar to this. It also has £250 worth of stuff inside for only £35, such a bargain!
A lot of what has been included in this advent calendar were named as a Beauty Hero by Marks and Spencer in their curated selection of cult products here.
*Product gifted in exchange for honest review
*This post contains affiliate links, this does not affect your experience as a consumer nor does it cost you any more money