Olay Daily Facials 5-in-1 Dry Cloths* are a new invention by Olay which give you a facial feel at home and I’ve been putting them to the test. There’s so much going on in the skincare world now that brands don’t have much choice other than to bring out new and innovative products, and that’s exactly what Olay have done with their Daily Facials Dry Cloths.
What are the Olay Daily Facial 5-in-1 Dry Cloths
The Olay Daily Facials are a dry cloth, which you activate by running under water, which activates the micellar product properties and saturates the cloth with product. The Olay Daily Facial cloths are textured with soft cleansing pockets which aim to remove impurities for a thorough cleanse. They claim to improve the skins appearance and leave your skin soft and hydrated.
What are the 5-in-1 Properties of the Olay Daily Facials
The 5-in-1 properties are:
1. Removes dirt, oil, and makeup, even mascara
2. Micellar clean
4. Evens & softens skin
5. Preserves moisture and leaves your skin feeling hydrated
Packaging of the Olay Daily Facials
The Olay Daily Facials come in a plastic packet inside a cardboard box which you can re-close each time. You get 30 cloths in a packet.
I’ve put the Olay Daily Facial Dry Cloths through a thorough test, and can confirm my thoughts are:
Cons of the Olay Daily Facials
- The cloths don’t remove makeup very well; I needed a good 4-5 cloths just to take a days makeup off.
- They made my eyes sting, so if you have sensitive eyes, I’d try the Sensitive version of these (I haven’t tried them yet) or at least avoid the eyes.
- You throw the cloth away after each use which seems like a bit of a waste of material to me.
- The packaging isn’t the best solution; the lid doesn’t shut properly, the cardboard box gets wet sitting on my bathroom shelf and the cloths are really fiddly to get out.
Pros of the Olay Daily Facials
- The cloths are a good size; they’re almost as big as a flannel size.
- They feel really soft on the skin and the exfoliation is very gentle.
- The scent is very subtle.
- They lather up really well – you get a lot of product on each cloth.
- The cloths good as a second cleanse so I use these after using a hot cloth cleanser to pick up any residue left behind and smooth my skin.
- They’re also good as a first cleanse on a no-makeup day, to remove any oily grime from the day and just to freshen the skin before cleansing.
I’m not sure these cloths live up to the hype of a daily facial feeling. They haven’t miraculously changed my skin and the fact they don’t remove makeup well is a big put off for me. Would I re-purchase them? Maybe, if they made an oily skin version, but as to the ones for “normal” skin (I hate that word to describe skin!) I probably won’t bother once these run out.
Buy Olay Daily Facial Dry Cloths
You can get the Olay Daily Facials from Superdrug at £6.99 for a pack of 30 here.*
Have you tried these new cloths yet? What did you think? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
* I’ve been testing the Olay Daily Facials Dry Cloths as part of my membership with Savvy Circle, where you get sent a product in exchange for filling in surveys, telling your friends, sharing on social media and writing a blog post if you blog. I was not paid to write this post the product was sent to me for free and I chose to post about it.
*This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anymore money to purchase through this link.